I picked up some whole raw organic almonds earlier, and after eating a couple of them plain, I decided to give them a quick roasting. And by quick, I mean really quick. Prep for this Paleo snack is less than five minutes.
- Heat a pan up on the stove to medium. I used my new cast iron pan!
- Give it a little oil. I used grapeseed oil.
- Toss only the amount of almonds you’re going to eat into the pan, and be sure they have plenty of room to lay in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. If you really want more, it’s not like it takes a long time to make another batch.
- Stir the almonds around for about three minutes – watch them closely so they don’t burn. 30 seconds before they’re done, sprinkle something aromatic like cinnamon or rosemary in with them.
- Remove from pan, sprinkle some more cinnamon or whatever on them if you want to, and then snack away! The best part is that you’ll be eating them while they’re still warm and comforting like that. Mmmm.