So like I said in yesterday’s post, I don’t really know if pure unsweetened cocoa powder is truly Paleo, but I used a tiny bit for my breakfast again this morning. The fried egg is boosted with an extra egg white, and my veggie pile is made from white mushrooms and finely chopped kale and red onion. But you don’t care about that.
Fried Bananas for Breakfast:
You will need: Ripe (not green!) Banana, unsweetened pure cocoa powder, a healthy oil with a high flashpoint (I used grapeseed), a frying pan.
- Heat on medium enough oil in your pan to cover the bottom. It’s heated when you flick a little water on the pan and it sizzles and disappears.
- Slice your banana lengthwise down the middle.
- Toss your banana slices flat side down onto your pan. Wait for about 60 seconds.
- Using a spatula, flip your banana slices over. Wait another 30 seconds.
- Remove to plate.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Enjoy your decadent but maybe also kind of healthy breakfast treat!